Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Scoop, Scrape & Carve

I thought we had better get our "pumpkims" carved. We are going to be out of town this Halloween, so I am not sure what will happen to them. Karlie really wants to take them with us and show them to Daddy. I haven't decided if I want to haul pumpkins in the car for six hours or not.

Karlie got the big spoon ready to scoop the goop out of the pumpkins, but was a little hesitant to actually stick her hand in there. But after some convincing, she decided to go for it. Her helping clean the pumpkins didn't last long. Soon she was wandering off to pick flowers and play with the dogs. G. G.'s dog Angel was over playing with our dog, and she really liked pumpkin, she ate quite a bit, but I hear pumpkin is good for you.

I decided to do Disney characters for Karlie this year. She like the trick or treating Mickey.

And where Micky goes, Pluto goes.

You can't tell from this picture, but this pumpkin is tall and has an indentation all the way around the middle so it looks like two pumpkins grown together. I think the vine must have been wrapped around it when it was smaller. When I picked it, it was green and bumpy and I was going to carve a Frankenstein on it. Well, after a few weeks on our front porch, it has apparently ripened because it is all orange now. My next plan was to cave a scary face on the top and a happy face on the bottom. But after carving the Disney pumpkins, I got tired and lazy and just did this real quick. Maybe no one will know that an adult did it!!




No comments: