Sunday, July 5, 2009

Yellowstone National Park 09

Scott and I planned a two night camping trip in Yellowstone with our friends the Tidwells. We thought this would make a fun ending to your very busy trip through Washington, Idaho, Montana and Wyoming. Unfortunately, Diana was unable to get off work at the last minute, but Justin went ahead and brought his two girls by himself to spend a few days with us. We really had a lot of fun. Yellowstone is truly wild with three little girls ages six, three and two!

Karlie and Morgan checking out our campsites when we first arrived.





Justin applying bug spray to Morgan and Kady. I think the mosquitoes are bigger in Yellowstone!

Little camper. Little camping chair.


Morgan, Karlie and Kady sit still for a picture.



They didn't sit still for long though!



Since Scott, Karlie and I were sleeping in our trailer, we thought that we would set up our tent for the girls to play in. They had a place away from the bugs and out of the sun.




Barbecued hot dogs for dinner the first night.









Scott, Karlie and Morgan.



A quick evening trip to one of Yellowstone's many thermal areas.



Scott and Justin give the two little girls a ride. We thought this would be safer walking around the boiling water. Kady was old enough to stay on the boardwalk and less likely to accidentally fall.





Scott, Karlie and Kady.



Morgan, Kady and Karlie at Old Faithful on the first evening that we were in the park.



Is it possible to get three little girls to look at the camera at the same time?




Karlie and I at Old Faithful.



Finally, as the sun started to set, Old Faithful put on her show. I think we had the people around us either laughing or annoyed most of the time. The girls were pretty silly and had a hard time sitting still and waiting for Old Faithful to erupt.



Old Faithful erupted higher than Scott or I had ever seen before.




Scott and Justin back at camp.



This is Karlie's first real camping camp fire. She only roasted her marshmallows for a minute and then ate them.

Mommy bison nursing her calf. Karlie calls them "Buh-luff-ah-lows."

Black Bear.




Kady doing a cartwheel at Mammoth Hot Springs.


Karlie eating lunch at Mammoth Hot Springs. Notice the ketchup between her eyebrows? I'm not quite sure how she does it.

The upper falls at the Grand Canyon of YNP.

Sheep Eater Cliff

Karlie and I at the Grand Canyon of YNP. We both have such lovely camping hair!

Bad camping hair + wind = this!


Morgan, Kady, Karlie and Scott.

The girls after hiking in the Grand Canyon.


A kind stranger took this as Scott, Karlie and I left Yellowstone and headed into Grand Teton National Park.

No comments: