Sunday, July 5, 2009

Grand Teton National Park 09

Scott and I decided to take a detour out of Yellowstone and head into Grand Teton National Park and then through Jackson Hole before heading home. We love both of these national parks.


A GTNP bison. Which isn't any different that a YNP bison.

The breath-taking Tetons.

A different angle.


Photo-Op at the Tetons.


It is amazing how small you feel standing here looking at the Tetons. The pictures don't do them justice.

Balancing on a rock at Jenny Lake.


Looking for rocks at Jenny Lake.



Another shot as the storm starts rolling in.

We stopped to take this picture of the momma and baby moose. It isn't spectacular because I was standing on the other side of the river in an open field as a lightning storm hit. I hurried and snapped a couple of shots and then had to run for my life back to the car. I didn't realize how far I had walked to take this picture and I was thankful that Scott and Karlie headed back to the car a couple of minutes before I did. The lightning was incredible. It was hitting all around us in the valley.

No comments: