I did some checking and found out that the Downtown Denver Aquarium is a great place to eat and take your kids. So I skipped a meeting and Karlie, Grandma Toni and I went there for dinner one evening.

She looks so tiny in this picture. It also took a lot of convincing for me to get her to sit next to the big shark.

In the restaurant you sit surrounded by a 150,
000 gallon aquarium. There were all kinds of fish and sharks swimming around for us to watch while we ate. It was a little ironic that we were eating seafood while watching seafood.

We watched the scuba diver swim around getting his picture taken with fellow diners. I tried to get Karlie over there but for some reason she was terrified. I finally got her close enough to feel the aquarium glass so she would know that he wouldn't get her. We tried to take a picture, but she would not take her eyes off of him, she was looking at me and keeping an eye on him out of the corner of her eye. Later, while walking around the aquarium, she asked me where the "fish that looks like a people" was. I guess she just doesn't quite get that it was a "people."



Can you see the giant fish right behind her?

Sea horses.

This is Karlie in one of those bubbles that you can stick your head up in to check out the fish above you.

Big ugly guys!

There were lots of cute sea turtles.

Karlie petting Chocolate Chip Starfish and Horseshoe Crabs.

You can see why they are called Chocolate Chip.

Karlie loved this.

SMILE! I was standing by the big tank and this shark came swimming right up to me.

These are his teeth. It was nice to be on the dry side of the glass!

Sting Ray.

Karlie also got to spend a lot of time petting the sting rays. There were people feeding them so they were a little wound up. Karlie was not afraid of them at all and touched every one that got close enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment