Karlie's imagination has really taken off. She is always pretending something. This morning she was pretending to have a picnic with the elephant, the dog, Minnie and the cat, while they were all watching a cartoon.



Josie had to have a little surgery on her foot and one eye today. She had a few growths on her eyelid that we had removed since she was already going to be anesthetized to fix her foot. Her front foot had an Inner Digital Cyst that was in between her toes. Unfortunately she might have been in pain from this for years. We always thought that it was arthritis in her shoulder or wrist that was causing her to limp on and off for years. Hopefully this will take care of the problem. There evidently wasn't enough tissue and skin left to sew up, so they had to just sew the toes together and close it up that way. Now we have to keep her bandages on and dry for five days, then take her in and get it checked and re bandaged until it heals completely. I had a rough time with this surgery. I guess it is because she is ten, and the fact that she is our first baby. I was already worried about the whole thing when they asked
pre-op if we wanted them to resuscitate her if something happened during surgery. That made me tear up. Of course I said yes. We are hoping that this surgery will improve her quality of life, since she loves to run and chase birds and squirrels. And who knows, maybe she will be able to swim even faster with those webbed toes!!

These pics were from this summer. I opted to be nice and not take her picture today, she didn't look her best after surgery and what girl wants unflattering pictures of them posted online?
No comments:
Post a Comment