Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Bye Bye Baby Bed

This was Karlie this morning. She put this skirt on as a dress, the crown and the glasses and then twirled around the house singing "I'm a ballerina, I'm a ballerina."

Last night Scott went into Karlie's room while she was protesting going to bed. He found her laying on the front rail of her crib trying to escape. That was the second time that night she was trying to get out. I thought that because Karlie was so short that we would be able to avoid crib escaping for a while. I guess I was wrong. So rather than risk her falling and broken neck or arm, we decided to move Karlie to a toddler bed. We found a cute little sleigh style bed today. Karlie and I decided on Dora bedding and room decorations. I found these great wall stickers that were cheap and won't mess up the paint. Karlie was very excited about this change. I don't think that it was because we were calling it a big girl bed, she usually gets mad when I call her a big girl and tells me "I'm not a big girl, I'm just a baby." So I am not sure why she was so excited, but I was glad. It made the transition easier.


While I was getting the crib ready to be taken apart and sticking the Dora stickers on the wall, Karlie and Daddy put the new bed together. Karlie was a lot of help. She used her Handy Manny tools to help.
Karlie and her babies tested out the new bed. As you can see by big grin, she approves of the new sleeping arrangements.
Here is the finished product. Karlie has never liked blankets on her, so I don't know how sleeping with a sheet, blanket and comforter will go.
She went to bed pretty easy tonight. Whether or not she will stay in bed is the question. I am sure that I will be up a few times over the next few nights sending her back to bed. I was a little sad putting the crib away. I just can't believe how fast she is growing up and changing.

1 comment:

Love my babes said...

Very cute Karlie! YOu are so brave putting away the crib it killed me.