Monday, December 22, 2008

Sledding @ Willard Hill

A few days before Christmas we decided to go sledding at a place that I used to go as a kid. Grandpa Danny, Grandma Barbara, Uncle Mark, Scott, Karlie and I bundled up and headed to Willard Hill. It was snowing and chilly, but we sure had a lot of fun. I think we were all acting like big kids that day.

This is Uncle Mark pulling Grandma Barbara around the parking lot as fast as he could. She eventually fell off, unfortunately no one caught it on video.


Grandpa Danny and Karlie were the first to go down. Karlie really seemed to enjoy it and when she reached the bottom she was ready to go again.

Karlie and I take a turn. I forgot how hard those things are to steer!
Somehow I let my Dad talk me into going down the hill with him "like when you were a kid." Then I let him convince me that he should ride in back because he is heavier. As a result I ended up with a face full of snow, my sunglasses were packed full. Not one of my brightest moments, but it sure was fun.

Scott headed down alone for a fast ride.


Uncle Kevin took Karlie down a couple of times too.


Karlie convinced Grandma Barbara, who doesn't usually sled, into taking her down.

Uncle Mark was the only one who wimped out and didn't go down the hill. Actually, he wasn't scared, he had a bad cold and didn't feel like climbing the sled hill.



Then it was back to the car to warm up with some hot chocolate and cookies.

What a great winter day!

No comments: