Saturday, September 27, 2008

Pickles

Karlie planted some "pickle" seeds in a little pot early this spring. When they got big enough we transplanted them to a planter out in the backyard. She helped water them almost every day. When we would go out in the backyard she would always say "come on, need go check baby's pickles." And when we would look at them she would say "Mom, that's amazin."

After months of watching them grow and being careful with them, she finally got to pick the three "real real big pickles." While she was picking them she kept saying "I am so excited, I love pickles a lot." "Baby eat them!"



She finally did get to take a bite. "Mom, I don't like these kind," was what she had to say. Turns out they were not actually pickles, but those yucky cucumbers that she doesn't like at all.

No comments: